This page you will introduce you to the wealth of online resources where you can discover more about the Religious Society of Friends, also called Quakers.
For a comprehensive list of web sites about Friends visit Quaker.org
For information about the beliefs and practices of Friends we recommend the Friends General Conference Quaker Library.
The Quaker Information Center is another rich source of information.
- Friends General Conference (FGC) - is a Quaker organization in the unprogrammed tradition of the Religious Society of Friends which primarily serves affiliated yearly and monthly meetings.
- Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) is the umbrella organisation for the 400,000+ Friends, often called Quakers, around the world. It's purpose is to encourage fellowship among all the branches of the Religious Society of Friends
- The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) is the Quaker lobbying organization in Washington, DC, representing Friends views on political issues.
- Friends Peace Teams (FPT) a Spirit-led organization working to develop long-term relationships with communities in conflict around the world to create programs for peace building, healing and reconciliation.
- The Quaker Religious Education Collaborative (QREC) works to make Quaker religious education resources available worldwide and to link Friends with similar interests and needs.
Quaker Retreat Centers
- Pendle Hill is a Quaker center for spiritual growth, study and service locatd near Philadelphia.
- Woolman Hill is a Quaker retreat, conference, and education center located in Western Massachusetts, offering a range of programs on topics of spiritual reflection and social renewal.
- William Penn House is a hospitality center on Capitol Hill rooted and grounded in Quaker faith and practice. Promoting the Quaker vision of a peaceful and just society by providing educational seminars, opportunities for dialogue, and simple, inexpensive lodging for those who come to the area to learn, lobby, or serve.
Quaker Bookstores and Publications
- Quakerbooks of FGC provides literature and other resources for Friends and Friends' meetings throughout North America and the world.
- Friends Journal serves the Quaker community and the wider community of spiritual seekers through the publication of articles, poetry, letters, art, and news that convey the contemporary experience of Friends.
- Online Books of Faith and Practice While Friends traditionally do not have creeds, most yearly meetings (regional bodies of like-minded Friends) do adopt a book of "discipline", often called "Faith and Practice". These books generally describe the practices and procedures used in the yearly meeting, offer inspirational extracts from Quaker literature, and contain "advices" and "queries".