Register by following the link to “Read more” below.
November 15-18, 2018 (Thursday evening through Sunday morning)
New Location: Camp Gilmont
· Camp Address: 6075 State Highway 155 North, Gilmer, TX 75644
· Where is Gilmer? Gilmer is east of Dallas, about midway between I 20 and I 30. And midway between Dallas and the Louisiana state line.
· Camp Gilmont location: Several state and local roads including US 271 feed into an intersection in Gilmer. Take state route 155 heading north or northeast. The camp road is located about five miles from Gilmer on the left side. Look for a large, rustic sign for the camp and a white “SCYM” sign. Turn in just before their large sign. Then follow the camp road. When you see a small building with a sign “office” take the left fork in the road following signs for the Crain Center and O’Neal lodge. Short term and disabled parking is along a loop between the two buildings. Long term parking will be in a large lot on the other side of the O’Neal Center. Our meetings, meals and lodging will be in the O’Neal Center. Look for signs to SCYM Registration.
· Housing: we will be using the lodges attached to the O’Neal Center. Each room has two twin beds and a private bath. Some are ADA compliant. They provide bed linens and towels. If you would like an ADA compliant room, please make a note on your registration form.
· Arrivals: Some committees will be meeting Friday morning and those members may arrive on Thursday, but no dinner will be provided by the camp. (There are several restaurants in Gilmer.)
· Meals: All three meals will be provided on Friday and Saturday with breakfast on Sunday. The camp will provide vegetarian and vegan entrees as well as special diatary requirements. They do not provide any kind of self-cook facilities and discourage outside food. They do need an accurate count of vegetarian, vegan or special requirements by November 1, 2018. Please add a notation to your registration form, or send an e-mail to Jane Houser, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Cost: Arrival Thursday (3 nights with 7) meals is $200.50 per person double occupancy. Arrival Friday (2 nights with 5 meals) is $ 148.00 per person double occupancy. Camp Gilmont includes a $ 5.00 campus use fee in the room & board charges.
· Other logistics: If your committee would like to schedule a meeting, especialy Friday morning or early afternoon, please let Jane Houser know, email@example.com.
· Other questions or concerns: Jane Houser, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the camp directly.